Quote for the Week:




Quote for the Week:



"It is not in the stars to hold our destiny, but in ourselves." -William Shakespeare

Sunday, July 17, 2011

Never take the good things for granted...

Don't worry everyone, this isn't going to be a big scary post about how I took something amazing for granted and now it's gone. No, no. And news flash: this blog post is not fitness or nutrition related. Luckily though, this is a pre-emptive wake-up call: I just had the most amazing conversation with my boyfriend. Was it our normal happy-go-lucky chat? No. Did I have to face some truths that have been difficult for me to confront? Yes. And the most important thing about all of this - I realized how much more now I love him than I even knew before. (Has anyone heard the song "Then"? Click here for On The Rocks' amazing version of it...)

I cannot wait to get out to North Carolina next weekend to see him. Having a "Come In to Jesus" chat like we did today really made me realize - I am SO LUCKY to have such an amazing man like him in my life! He challenges me, helps me, supports me, and loves me more than I could have ever thought possible. And not only that, he knows me better than I know myself sometimes. Even though I act like a five year old on occassion, whining about what I want, he is always there to stop me from sabotaging myself. He is the only man I can imagine spending the rest of my life with, and I am so blessed to have met him.

So Mr. Owen, this blog is for you. Thank you for all the amazing and wonderful gifts you have brought into my life, and I hope that I can return the favor.

With all my love,
Your Sweet Pea

No comments:

Post a Comment