Quote for the Week:




Quote for the Week:



"It is not in the stars to hold our destiny, but in ourselves." -William Shakespeare

Saturday, July 16, 2011

An Amazing, Inspirational Person

I just read the most amazing and inspiring blog by a girl named Rachel Mac. She is a bikini competitor and Quest Bar sponsored athlete. And it is pretty uncanny how much her story sounds like mine.

I think that these past few weeks I have been freaking out a little bit about tryouts looming just 4 weeks away. This blog reminded me that this weight loss journey is a process. It is a life-long marathon, not a quick-fix sprint. That has been my problem. I am too preoccupied with this arbitrary deadline that I have set for myself. I am a beautiful girl and need to remember that. I can control how I do my hair, my makeup, my tan, what I wear, etc. I can control what I eat, and how I train my body.

I will NOT freak out because tryouts are in 4 weeks. I will NOT freak out because I want to compete in my first bikini competition next April. I WILL NOT SABOTAGE MYSELF UNWITTINGLY. I will focus on what I can control, each and every day. I will focus on eating the right foods and exercising. Although no matter what happens, I will be at tryouts on August 13th, if I don't make the team - THAT IS OKAY. I will not force myself into an unhealthy lifestyle simply because of an arbitrary deadline. I think the major thing I need to realize is that this isn't a once in a lifetime opportunity. I will have many opportunities over the next few years to make this dream a reality. Like this awesome woman (and coincidence that her name is Laura too? I think not!):
Laura Vikmanis - Oldest NFL Cheerleader

So if you get anything from this post, let it be this: being fit and healthy is a life-long marathon. There are no cheats, no short-cuts, and no gimmicks that will help you get to the end result faster. Just like with Communism (yes, I'm pulling out an analogy from my senior year of high school): you can't skip steps to make it happen faster. When you do, it all crumbles and you're left with a riot (whether from a large group of angry people or your body - a large group of angry cells... yes, I know, INCREDIBLY cheesy).

Thanks for reading everyone! Oh - and catch Rachel's blog (don't forget to read parts 1, 2 AND 3) here:
Rachel Mac's Blog (on Quest Bar)

Stay *focused *positive *motivated!
Laura
Future NPC/IFBB Bikini Competitor
Twitter: @Bombshell_Laura
Facebook: www.facebook.com/laurapazo

No comments:

Post a Comment